Veggie Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On February 15, 2011
- •12-14 cups water start with 10 and add as it boils down
- •3 cups chopped cabbage
- •1 tomato
- •1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- •1 can low sodium vegetable broth
- •5 cloves good sized cloves of garlic chopped
- •2 cups chopped green onion ( green onion is 1/2 the calories)
- •3 mediums zucchini (summer squash green) cut length wise into 4 slices grilled on forman grill
- •1 tablespoon basil
- •2 tablespoons garlic powder
- •2 tablespoons onion powder
- •1/2 tablespoon Mrs Dash original
- •1/2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- •1/2 tablespoon paprika
- •1/2 tablespoon accent (60 % less sodium than salt)
- Put water, broth, all veggies (excluding zucchini) and spices in large pot. Set to boiling.
- Boil until consistency and taste desired. (the more you boil it down the more flavor, for more soupy texture add rest of water as pot level allows, continue to cook.
- Grill the zucchini on the Forman grill (or in a pan med to high heat till singed and soft. I do not add this to the soup for it will just fall apart, I add this 1/2 to 1 slice to each bowl I eat instead of noodles.