Veal Picatta (Phase 1)
Posted On February 20, 2011
Approximately 217 calories per serving using 3.5 ounces of protein.
- •100 grams veal, pounded
- •1 grissini, finely ground
- •1 large garlic clove, pressed
- •1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- •1 1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
- • juice of a lemon
- • parsley for garnish
- Season veal with salt and pepper
- Dredge with grissini on both sides.
- In a non-stick pan, add veal and cook until tender, about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer veal to platter and keep warm
- Add half the broth to de-glaze pan
- Add garlic to skillet and saute 30 seconds
- Boil until broth is reduced to glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, lemon juice and capers.
- Simmer until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over veal.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with wilted cabbage, wilted beet greens or sauteed fennel bulbs.