Traveling on Liquid Amino Diet
Traveling while on the Liquid Amino Diet protocol can be challenging. A lot of times when traveling we eat out and have to depend on others to do the cooking, we are more active, we drink less water, don’t track calories and don’t have access to a lot of on protocol foods. Here are some tips for staying on track while traveling during phase 1 of the Liquid Amino Diet:
- When eating out, try and find out where you are going before hand, and make your plan before leaving. Pick foods that are on protocol and be careful with proteins ordered at restaurants. A lot of they are close to double the size, remember 5 ounces is where you should be. So when the protein comes, trim it down and save the rest for lunch the next day. Order your meats/vegetables cooked “naked” meaning they will leave off the sauces and oils when cooking.
- If you are going to be more active you can either follow the active plan, for extra calories and protein (you will still need to do the work-out, but a lot of hotels have a facility for that).
- Water is still just as important, if not more when traveling. So make sure you take a water bottle with you everywhere you can and keep that water intake up to the recommended minimum of 64 ounces and ideally ½ your body weight in ounces of water daily.
- There are some applications out there for your phone to help you track calories. If you can’t do that, try and still track them daily online or keep a journal.
- If possible, go to a grocery store when you arrive and pick up some fruits/vegetables that you can have on hand for times when you need them. Canned tuna packed in water is a great traveling protein.
There are ways to stay on track. Remember, the bottle of Liquid Amino Diet drops we sell should be fine to go through scanners at the airport and, because it is less than 2 fluid ounces, it is small enough to take in your carry-on, so don’t stress about that. We are here to help at 1-800-980-7208, so keep us posted, even while on vacation, and let us help to hold you accountable for your choices.