Thai Tom Yum Kung (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 330 calories
- 300 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lemon grass cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 galangal root crushed
- 5 ounces shrimp
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tomato (optional)
- 2-6 thai chilli peppers aka guinea-pepper
- Salt to taste
- Bring broth to boil.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, tomato and chilli peppers. Continue boiling until shrimp is cooked
- Turn off heat. Add lime juice and salt.
- Stir and serve. I think you should be able to find the ingredients in any Asian store. The original thai recipe of Tom Yum Kung doesn't have the tomato. I added it just for my veggie requirement. Enjoy!