Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry (Diabetes & Phase 2)
Posted On March 14, 2014
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed to bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ C coconut milk
- fresh Thai basil, chopped, to taste
- hot chili sauce, to taste (whichever brand you like)
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 package curry spice (whichever hotness you want)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook lentils in water according to package instructions.
- While lentils are cooking, add sweet potato, coconut milk, basil, hot sauce, and curry spice to another pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until sweet potato is soft and fully cooked. Stir in the chopped green pepper, simmer a few minutes. Add the cooked lentils last. Let simmer another few minutes so the lentils can gain flavor. Serve alone or over rice.