Spinach & Tomato Quiche (Phase 1)
Posted On February 15, 2011
- 2 melba toasts crushed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons low sodium/ no msg soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 roma tomato
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 clove garlc - minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In an oven safe single serve size baking dish (I use my Fiesta bowls), mix crushed melba and broth together to make a "dough".
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- After it is done, raise oven temp to 425F.
- Whisk eggs together until well combined.
- Add in veggies and seasonings. Mix until veggies are all covered with egg mixture.
- Pour over "crust". Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until eggs have risen in the middle and it's brown and crusty around the edges. you can add in 1 Tbsp of cottage cheese to give more of a creamy texture