Spinach and Garlic Frittata (Phase 1)
Posted On September 13, 2013
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped, or 5 garlic scapes (a little more mild in flavor), thinly sliced
- 1 C Spinach (you can add more, or less, to taste)
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Season the eggs with salt. Place a large (12-inch) non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter and when the butter is foamy, add the garlic spreading it around the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Lay the spinach in the base of the pan, covering it as evenly as possible. Cook for about 1 minute, then turn and wilt the other side, another 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour the eggs into the pan, just covering all the spinach. Transfer the pan to the oven, and bake until the frittata is just set, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. Lay a cutting board, baking sheet or large serving dish on top of the pan, and invert the frittata onto it. Do this quickly and confidently – or with the help of someone! Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
This could be used as a Diabetic recipe as well.