Spicy Chicken and Roasted Pepper Salad (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 267 calories per serving.
- 2 cups lettuce or spinach
- 1 bell pepper
- 5 ounces chicken breast
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 dashes Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Cut up lettuce and put on a plate.
- Take bell pepper, take out tops and seeds.
- Slice in thin pieces.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake on 450* with the rack close to the top.
- Cook until blackened a little bit.
- Take chicken and slice into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except broth and vinegar.
- (the red pepper flakes is what makes it spicy. so add this according to your taste; how spicy you want the chicken)
- Coat the chicken pieces in dry seasonings.
- Place a non stick pan on stove top on med-high heat.
- After pan is hot, place several tbsp broth in pan.
- Place chicken strips in pan and cook.
- Keep placing small amounts of broth in pan so it doesn't dry out.
- It keeps the chicken moist.
- After first side is cooked, flip chicken over.
- Evenly distribute liquid amino over chicken and cook on remaining side until chicken is done.
- When chicken is almost done cooking, stop adding broth.
- Let liquids dry in pan while chicken is cooking.
- Allow spices on chicken to brown.
- When chicken is cooked, place on top of lettuce on your plate.
- Keep the pan on the oven while it is still hot, and place several tbsp of broth in pan.
- Scrape seasonings and bits off bottom of pan.
- Take bell pepper out of oven.
- Place strips over your chicken and lettuce.
- Pour your drippings from pan over salad for dressing.
- You can also add the apple cider vinegar for more dressing.
- Another option is to chop up half of a pear and cook for a few minutes in drippings after chicken is done.
- Then add the pear to the salad too.