Spicy Tomato and Kidney Bean Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On December 28, 2012
Around 410 calories total batch, 205 calories per serving.
- 3-4 cups chopped Tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cooked Red Kidney Beans
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder (Adjust according to taste or spice level)
- 1 tblsp chopped basil (I used dried)
- 1./2 tsp Oregano
- salt & Pepper
- A dash of stevia to sweeten
- Sauté the onions & garlic till the onions turn translucent (use a little water to start and prevent sticking)
- Add the tomatoes and chilli powder and cook till the tomatoes are mushy
- Add 3 cups of water
- bring to a boil, then simmer till the tomatoes are completely cooked
- Blend this mixture either in a food processor or use an immersion blender and mixture to the heat
- Add the red kidney beans, oregano, basil, salt & pepper and continue to heat for about 5-7 min.
- Sweeten with stevia if needed
The soup does need a little sweetener, but stevia can get bitter when cooked, so add it when serving if needed and enjoy!