Spiced Turkey with Avocado-Grapefruit relish (Phase 1)
Posted On June 01, 2012
This is great with or on a nice bed of lettuce. Enjoy! 444 calories
- 1 large seedless grapefruit
- ½ avocado peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops stevia (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounce turkey breast
- ¼ cup water
- Remove the peel and white pith from grapefruit
- Cut the grapefruit segments from the surrounding membrane, letting them drop into a small bowl.
- Squeeze out remaining juice into the bowl and discard membrane.
- Add avocado, onion, cilantro, vinegar and stevia
- Toss well to combine
- On a plate combine chili powder, five-spice powder and salt
- Dredge turkey in the spice mixture
- Heat water in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook until no longer pink (about 2 to 3 minutes per side), adding more water as necessary to keep from sticking.
- Serve with the avocado-grapefruit relish