Southwestern Jicama Salad (Diabetes Recipe)
Posted On April 05, 2013
Serves: 2 Calories: Approx 116 Calories per serving
- • 1 8-oz. jicama, coarsely chopped
- • 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped.
- • 1 orange, peeled and pieces chopped.
- • 1T sunflower seed kernels.
- • 2T lemon juice.
- • ½t chili powder.
- • Salt to taste.
- ) Mix jicama, cucumber and orange in a bowl.
- ) Toss with lemon juice and chili powder.
- ) Chill for at least 3 hours.
- ) Just prior to serving, stir in sunflower seeds and salt to taste
Although Jicama is not on the approved foods list, it is considered a category 1 vegetable.