Smoky BBQ Sauce (Phase 1)
Posted On February 22, 2011
Approximately 19 calories per serving.
- 2 tablespoons sugar free tomato sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar free liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4-1/2 stevia
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In small non-stick saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 mins.
- NOTE: I will often omit and add different seasonings.
- I sometimes add mustard, chili paste, or jalapeno juice.
- BBQ sauce is often a very personal thing, so experiment and see what works for you.
- This is just a starting point.