Sloppy Jo (Phase 1)
Posted On February 20, 2011
- •lean ground beef (allowed amount)
- •1 can tomato sauce
- •1 garlic Clove chopped
- •1/2 yellow onion chopped
- •1 eggplant
- In a warm pan add garlic and onions once they've simmered a bit, until the onions are soft.
- Add the beef to the mixture.
- Break it up into small pieces like you would do for tacos.
- When the meat is almost cooked through, add tomato sauce and mix together.
- Bring it up just to boiling
- lower the temperature and let it simmer together for about 10 minutes.
- While it's simmering, taste it, add whatever spices you would like. Typically I add some salt, oregano, and parsley. Fresh is best, but the dried stuff works too.
- While it's simmering, cut off 2 1 inch thick slices of eggplant, season with salt and pepper and toss it under the broiler until the edges brown.
- Take eggplant and place on dish, pour meat mixture over it and VOILA...sloppy joes!