Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini (Phase 1)
Posted On August 01, 2014
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 10 oz shrimp
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 2 leaves fresh basil, torn
- ground black pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 and grease a baking sheet with no stick spray.
- Cut the zucchini in half the long way, scoop out the seeds and pulp. This will leave a thick shell of flesh.
- Brush halves of the zucchini with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon).
- Place zucchini cut sides down, onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until the zucchini is releasing beads of moisture.
- Remove from the oven.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook and stir the onion, garlic, and shrimp until fully cooked. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Mix shrimp, garlic, onion, diced tomato, mushrooms, and basil into a bowl.
- Season with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Stuff the mixture into the zucchini halves.
- Bake the stuffed zucchini in the preheated oven until the filling is cooked through and hot, about 20 minutes.