Shrimp Confetti Salad (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
- •5 ounces Raw shrimp, without shells
- •Celery- allowed amount, thinly sliced on diagonal
- •1 apple
- •3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- •2 tablespoons Stevia
- •2 tablespoons low sodium/no msg soy sauce.
- •1 clove garlic, crushed
- •1/2 teaspoon ground fresh ginger
- •1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- •1 teaspoon lemon juice
- •1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- •1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Put a cup of water and 1tsp of salt in a sauce pan to boil.
- When water is boiling violently, dump in shrimp and cook for one minute.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the boiling water to a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Trim your celery and slice across at an angle to produce elongated half moons. Put into zipper bag.
- Cut cooled shrimp into small blueberry sized bites and add to celery in zipper bag.
- Fill a bowl with water and a splash of lemon juice.
- Wash and core your apple. Slice your unpeeled apple into bite size pieces.
- Place cut bits into lemon water as you finish the rest of the apple. When finished, drain the apple pieces well and add to zipper bag.
- Directly into the bag, add the vinegar, stevia, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, cayenne, onion powder, and parsley.
- Seal and toss vigorously to coat all pieces.
- Let marinate for five to ten minutes and serve or chill to serve later.