Salsa Picante (Phase 1)
Posted On February 22, 2011
Nutrition facts per tablespoon Cal 6 Fat 0 Sod 18mg
- 4 mediums Tomatoes, seeded and cut up
- 1 medium Onion, cut up
- 1 or 2* Fresh Jalepenos or serrano peppers, seeded and halved
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon jucie
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place tomatoes in a blender.
- Cover and blend until coarsely chopped.
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeno or serrano pepper, and garlic.
- Cover and blend until finely chopped.
- Put tomato mixture to a medium saucepan.
- Add chopped bell pepper, lemon juice, oregano, bay leaf, stevia and salt.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or desired thickness.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Cool slightly.
- Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
- * If you like your salsa hotter use more serrano peppers.
- Makes about 2 cups.