Refried Beans (Phase 1)
Posted On July 04, 2014
- 4 cups dry pinto beans
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilanto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water and allow them to soak over night.
- After soaking, drain and replace water. Place on stove or in crock pot and let simmer untill tender.
- Saute onions with olive oil in a large sauce pan then add garlic.
- Add beans, salt, pepper, and chili powder and cook for 10-20 minutes.
- Mash with fork or potato masher then mix in cilantro.