Protein Powder On The Liquid Amino Diet
While on the Liquid Amino Diet, you have the option of consuming one protein shake per day. If you choose to follow the ACTIVE protocol then you must have at least one scoop of protein powder each day following your workout. The reason for this is that as you exercise, you tend to create small tears in your muscles, commonly referred to as micro-tears. Once you have finished a workout, these muscles need to heal and protein is a great way to do that. We recommend it in the form of a protein shake because the protein in a shake reaches your muscles much faster (approximately 30 minutes) than protein in the form of a meal.
The next question is… what type of protein powder should I buy? There are many products out there and it can be difficult to know which one is diet friendly. Look for low carb (no more than 4 grams of carbs per serving) powder with at least 20 grams of protein. Each scoop should be around 120 calories. Although these are not the only options, they are a few that meet the requirements:
- Optimum 100% Natural Whey
- Dymatize All Natural Elite Whey Protein Isolate
- Jay Robbs Protein Powder
Vegetarian and vegan friendly options are also great for people with allergies.
- NutriBiotic Vegan Rice Protein Powder, 2g carb per serving and 60 calories (2 scoops=120 calories, 24g protein, 4g carbs) Gluten Free!
- Ultimate Nutrition Protein Isolate- Suitable for Lactose Intolerant (1 scoop=100 calories, 3g carbs, 20g protein)
- Nature’s Basics Non-GMO Soy Protein Powder (1 scoop= 110 calories, 24g protein, 0g carbs)
When used as part of the Liquid Amino Diet, protein powders/shakes can be a great tool to help you on your weight loss journey.
Our Health Coaches are available to answer questions or take orders at 1-1-800-980-7208!