Peanuts Are NOT Good For Your Health
I recently went to a health and nutrition seminar with Dan Murphy D.C. and learned of some pretty amazing things about peanuts.
You can find all that you’re about to read in the book – “The Paleo Diet” by Loren Cordain, PhD, Professor in the Health and Science Department at Colorado State Univ.
I suggest that you read it.
The message of the book is that “Peanuts are forbidden! They are not nuts at all; they are legumes—and legumes contain lectins and other antinutrients that can adversely affect your health.” That being said, however, we do allow some legumes on our programs because of the health benefits. We don’t, however, recommend peanuts.
KEY NOTES FROM THE BOOK
- Aflatoxin is a mold toxin. p. 5
- “Aflatoxin has been called one of the most potent carcinogens ever discovered.” p. 5
- “Peanuts often were contaminated with a fungus-produced toxin called aflatoxin.” p. 34
- Peanuts and corn are the foods most contaminated with aflatoxin. p.35
- “All 29 jars of peanut butter we had purchased in the local groceries were contaminated with levels of aflatoxin as much as 300 times the amount judged to be safe in US food.” p. 35
- The worst, moldiest peanuts are “delivered to the end of the conveyor belt to make peanut butter.” p. 35
Peanuts are not allowed while on the Liquid Amino Diet, but almonds are. If you have any questions, give the health coaches a call at 1-800-980-7208.