Orange Ginger Chicken (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 290 calories per serving.
- chicken, diced (allowed amount)
- dash black pepper
- 1 orange, cut into fourths
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- juice from half a lemon
- Preheat pan over MED heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Add chicken to pan & stir fry until brown on all sides, about 5-10 min.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Squeeze juice of orange quarters over chicken.
- Peel & separate orange into sections.
- Add orange sections, ginger, lemon juice, and basil.
- Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30 mins.