Orange Chicken Over Cabbage (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 330 calories per serving.
- 5 ounces chicken breast, pounded flat
- 1 orange, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 ounce onion, sliced
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound until flat.
- In bowl, marinate chicken with juice from 1 orange wedge, ACV, and dry spices.
- Heat pan to med-high with 1 T chicken broth.
- Add chicken and marinade.
- Mix 1 T rice vinegar and another orange wedge in small bowl.
- When chicken is about done, lift from pan and add vinegar/orange mixture.
- Return chicken to pan and turn over a few times in sauce until done.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add onion and cabbage to hot pan.
- Add 1-2 T of chicken broth and a little extra ACV-- never letting the pan get dry.
- Lightly salt.
- Once veggies are soft, dice chicken and layer over top of cabbage.
- Serve with remaining orange wedges.