Oopsie Rolls (Phase 2)†Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2011
Makes 6 Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free rolls. Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5
- •3 larges Eggs
- • pinch Cream of Tart
- •3 ounces Cream Cheese Do not soften
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks.
- Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds.
- Flatten each mound slightly.
- Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly).
- Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist).
- Can be frozen.
If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.