Onion Rings (Phase 1)
Posted On February 15, 2011
- Sliced onion rings- allowed amount
- 1 grissini bread stick
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a small bowl, add water, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper. Mix to make a batter.
- Grind grissini in food processor until it is a powder.
- Put grissini in a separate small bowl.
- Place rings in batter bowl and toss to coat fully.
- Let sit in batter 2-3 mins then toss again.
- Dip each ring into the grissini powder by hand.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Cook 6-7 mins. Then flip, cooking an additional 6-7 mins.
- Serve immediately.