Mushroom and Spinach Strata (Phase 2 and Diabetes)
Posted On July 12, 2013
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 slices of whole-grain bread
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mist the bottom of a small baking dish with extra virgin olive oil
- place toasted whole-grain bread on bottom of dish.
- in a separate skillet mist with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and heat
- saute mushrooms, pepper and onion for 5 minutes
- Add baby spinach and saute 1 minute.
- In a bowl beat eggs with milk and pour over bread.
- Top with sauteed vegetables and Parmesan
- season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until egg is fully cooked.
- Makes 4 servings.
Can refrigerate up to 24 hours before cooking, adding Parmesan just before baking.