Mocha Muffins with Chocolate Chunks (Phase 2)
Posted On February 27, 2011
For a low carb breakfast treat or snack, you won't believe how good these taste! Chocolate and coffee come together in an almond flour muffin that isn't overly sweet or cakey.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 Egg's lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Stevia to taste
- 100 grams Lindt or Ghirardelli high-cacao chocolate bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- grease 12 cup muffin tin.
- Mix coffee granules and hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, flax meal, cocoa and baking powder.
- Add melted butter, eggs, coffee and sweetener and stir well to combine.
- Add in chopped chocolate and mix to distribute throughout batter.
- Divide batter between muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until set.
- Immediately upon removing from the oven, run sharp knife around outside of each muffin to loosen from pan.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes, then remove to wire rack and cool completely