Mexican Shrimp Stir Fry (P1)
Posted On September 28, 2012
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or for less heat 1/3 green bell pepper)
- 5 ounces (about 8-10) peeled raw shrimp
- 1 medium tomato diced
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bay leaf and cook for 1 minute.
- Add onion, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, cover and cook until pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, replace cover and cook until the tomatoes are almost broken down, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve with lime wedges.
If in phase 2, you can add sliced pitted green olives to add another dimension of flavor.