Mexican Chicken Soup with Avocado (Phase 2 and Diabetes)
Posted On December 13, 2013
- 5 cups low-sodium, all-natural chicken broth
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 can chipotle chile peppers, sliced, or 2 tablespoons hot salsa
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, covered over high heat.
- After the broth boils, add the chicken, chile peppers, and tomatoes and return to a boil. Remove from the heat. Divide the avocado, and cilantro among 4 bowls, mounding them in the center. Ladle the soup into bowls.