Mexican Chicken Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 277 calories per serving.
- 5 ounces cooked chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Use a bit of your broth to keep garlic from sticking to the pot, if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add chicken.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes more.