Meat Loaf Cups (Phase 1)
Posted On January 31, 2014
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/4 cup melba toast, crumbled up
- 1 egg, blended
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 20 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini, onions, and red bell pepper into a food processor, and pulse several times until finely chopped but not liquefied. Place the vegetables into a bowl, and mix in ground turkey, melba toast, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard until thoroughly combined. Fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake in the oven about 25 minutes. Internal temperature of a muffin measured by an instant-read meat thermometer should be at least 160 degrees F. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with desired sauce.