- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped brown onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 cups dry brown rice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coat the bottom of a medium-sized sauce pot with the oil and place it over medium heat.
- Add the roasted garlic and onions and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in basil leaves and rice. Stir and sauté for about 2 minutes, stirring almost constantly.
- Add the stock and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover the pot, and cook about 30 minutes.