Lime-Grilled Chicken with Blueberry Salsa (Phase 1 and Diabetes)
Posted On January 10, 2014
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHICKEN AND MARINADE:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, pepper, onion, basil, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, shallots, and pepper. Add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- 3. Preheat the grill. You can brush on some olive oil to help with sticking. Place the chicken on the rack and grill for 10 minutes, or until done. Serve with the salsa.
Paleo friendly recipe.