Lentil, Cabbage and Vegetable Soup (Phase 2-Diabetes Recipe)
Posted On March 08, 2013
Approximately 147 Calories Per Serving
- • 1 cup lentils, sorted and thoroughly rinsed.
- • 4 cups vegetable broth.
- • ¼ head of cabbage, rinsed and coarsely chopped.
- • 1 cup green beans, rinsed and trimmed.
- • 1 cup sliced mushrooms, rinsed (optional)
- • 2 whole carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- • 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- • ½ small onion, coarsely chopped
- • 1 bay leaf
- • 2T basil
- ) Put broth, lentils, carrots, garlic, onion, bay leaf and basil into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- ) Cover with tilted lid and reduce to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- ) Add remaining vegetables and recover, letting it simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.