Lemon Ginger Asparagus (Phase 1)
Posted On February 15, 2011
Approximately 70 calories per serving.
- 2 cups asparagus or allowed amount
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- lemon zest
- dash black pepper
- Preheat pan over MED heat.
- Snap off woody ends of asparagus spears & discard.
- Snap spears into 2-3 pieces. 4. Add garlic & ginger to the pan & cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add asparagus & water. Bring to a boil for 5 mins.
- Remove asparagus and top with lemon rind & pepper.