Hormonal Changes & Weight Gain
There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells within the human body. With this many cells, our endocrine system must work like a traffic cop to control them. Hormones, which are secreted by the endocrine system, are simply their chemical messengers. By secreting hormones, these cells are able to communicate and affect the functions of the receptive organs and tissues. As we age, our endocrine system becomes less efficient, negatively impacting our overall health as it disrupts that communication. The Hormone Theory of Aging suggests that the most important aspects of aging are brought upon by negative hormonal changes. The effects of this are well established causes of weight gain. This can be due to problems with:
- Estrogen: Estrogen, which is produced in the ovaries, regulates ovulation and is essential to female reproductive health. As women age, these estrogen levels drop. This drop means that the body must get estrogen from other sources. As fat cells produce estrogen, the conversion of calories into fat must increase in order to raise estrogen levels. This is especially noticeable during menopause.
- Testosterone: Both males and females produce testosterone. It is required by the body to produce muscle building and maintenance. Muscle mass helps burn calories and keep metabolic rates high. Testosterone levels also drop as we age, rapidly declining in mid-life. The reduction of testosterone leads to the loss of muscle mass. This, in turn, causes the metabolism to slow and increases body fat.
- Progesterone: This female hormone is also produced in the ovaries. As it declines, especially around menopause, the female body retains water in its cells. This causes the bloated look often associated with middle-aged women.
- Androgen: Androgen is produced in both men and women. As we age, the production of androgen increases, resulting in the increase of fat deposits around the waist. This is the primary cause behind the condition unaffectionately referred to as “middle age spread.”
- Cortisol: Often referred to as the “stress hormone”, cortisol is produced in a diurnal pattern, meaning that its production levels change throughout the day for optimal health. Cortisol plays many roles in the body, especially blood pressure maintenance and the metabolism of fat and carbohydrates to insure proper blood sugar levels. As stress levels increase, so does the production of cortisol, disrupting its diurnal pattern and resulting in abdominal weight gain.
The Amino Diet, with the Endocrine Boost supplement is the key to balancing your hormones. The Amino Diet, a low glycemic based diet, is designed specifically to keep your blood sugar regulated in a zone optimal for fat loss, while regulating insulin production at the same time. The Endocrine Boost supplement uses the highest quality herbal adaptogens to work specifically with the hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal and thyroid glands, encouraging proper hormonal function. Using this system, customers have been able to change their hormone profiles in as short as 30 days.
Your hormones change as you age, and the largest changes happen in men and women that are around middle age. When you balance your hormones, you solve a multitude of issues that, until now, have been ‘common’ in your age group. You’ll be able to control your hunger pains and increase your willpower – resulting in a leaner, healthier body. Your sleep cycles will improve, your energy levels will rise and your moods will be much more stable than before.
Hormones matter, that much is abundantly clear. When one of them is out of sync, it affects the rest. Your body needs to be in harmony with itself. Stop working against the natural chemicals in your body, and you’ll soon find the most direct route to long term weight loss, health and vitality.
Anyone 30 years old or older will start to experience hormonal changes, some even sooner, but it is possible to maintain proper hormone levels. You could choose to accept hormone change as a factor of aging and ignore this information. Or you could decide that you have finally found a medically based, logical and reversible reason, why you have not been able to lose weight in the past. The Amino Diet can help you lose that weight and balance those hormones. Contact an Amino Diet Health Coach toll free at 1-800-980-7208, for more information.
Authored by Dr. Humble Finsand