Homemade Tomato Sauce (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Makes 5 cups
- 8 Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Take 8 tomatoes and place them on a cookie sheet
- Broil until to brown and turn tomatoes
- Continue to turn and watch until a majority of the skin is browned
- Remove from oven and place in large bowl and cover for 5 minutes
- Remove cover and peel off skin (should fall right off)
- Place in skillet and cook for approx 15-20 minutes
- Try to chop/break down tomoatoes with spatula while they cook.
- Season with some salt
- Once done run thru a food processor or use a blender for just a minute
- Now you have healthy tomatoe sauce!