Homemade Pickles (Phase 1)
Posted On February 14, 2011
- 1 cup White vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 clove garlic smashed and chopped
- 1 large sprig dill
- 1 thick slice onion (rings separated)
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 - 1/2 packet Stevia
- 1 - 2 dashes Cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns (optional)
- 1 Bay leaf (optional)
- Slice 2 large or several small cucumbers evenly.
- Sprinkle slices lightly with salt or your favorite salt alternative.
- Set aside while you prepare the liquid.
- Place all other ingredients in a large Pyrex or other glass bowl/jar.
- Microwave the Pyrex bowl about 3 minutes.
- Then place the cucumber slices in the liquid.
- Gently swirl the bowl every now and then to make sure all the slices come in contact with the liquid.
- Cover and let everything combine for at least an hour, but overnight is best.
- Keep refrigerated.
- You can use dried herbs, garlic, etc if you don't have fresh.
- Top slices with your portion of tuna or chopped chicken. Yum!