Halibut Tacos with Strawberry-Cucumber Salsa (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
- •5 oz Halibut fillet
- •2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- •1 tablespoon broth fish, chicken or veggie
- •1 clove garlic, minced
- •1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- •1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- • fresh strawberries, peeled and chopped
- •1 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
- •2/3 cup green onions optional
- •1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- •1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- •1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- •4 cabbage leaves may need more or less
- • sprig cilantro for garnish
- Combine lime juice, broth, garlic, salt, and pepper in shallow glass baking dish or zip-top bag. Add fish, skin side up. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 3 hours.
- Toss all salsa ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Preheat grill. Remove fish from marinade and grill over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning once, until opaque throughout. Slice fish into large pieces.
- Fill each cabbage leaf with fish and salsa. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.