Green Beans and Peppers (Phase 1 and Diabetic)
Posted On January 03, 2014
- 2 cups green beans (any kind will work)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 peppers, diced (can be green or red, or even banana peppers)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook onions and pepper in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with a touch of salt.
- While the vegetables cook, prepare the green beans. Rinse them thoroughly and trim off all of the ends. Slice each bean in half.
- Toss the beans into the pan and mix with the onions and peppers.
- Once thoroughly combined, add the chopped tomatoes. Stir to combine and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the vegetables simmer in their own juices for 30 minutes, or until the green beans become very soft and tender.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture, sprinkle with a few red pepper flakes, and serve.
Paleo friendly recipe.