Granola (Phase 2)
Posted On February 24, 2011
Makes approx 30 quarter-cup servings. 105 calories per serving.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat coconut shreds, dried unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stevia too taste
- 4 strips coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325
- line a large baking pan with foil
- In a large bowl combine nuts, seeds, coconut.
- Stir in the cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the oil and mix until the nuts are thoroughly coated
- Add the water, stevia, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan and stir thoroughly, to even out the baking process.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until dry, crisp and lightly-browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Adjust seasoning while granola is still warm.
- Allow to cool
- store in an airtight container.