Frittata with Spring Greens (Phase 1 and Diabetes)
Posted On November 29, 2013
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup spring greens (arugula, mustard, etc.), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup cubed pancetta
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper to taste (and Parmesan, if using). Set aside.
- Turn on the broiler. In a 12-inch ovenproof non-stick or cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium flame. (Add the pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, until it starts to crisp, 3 to 5 minutes, if using). Add the onion and cook until it softens a bit, about 3 minutes.
- Add the greens and herbs and cook for one minute. Pour the eggs into the skillet, stir gently and cook undisturbed until almost set, about 5 minutes. Put the skillet under the broiler (about 4 inches from the heat) for a couple of minutes, until the eggs have set. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.