Frank’s Fabulous Flank (Phase 1)
Posted On February 17, 2011
Approximately 145 calories per serving using 3.5 ounces of beef
- 1 Flank steak
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 whole Garlic
- 1 whole Parsley
- 1 scoop Chicken Broth You want enough broth to create a paste per directions
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg Use Sparingly
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pound flank steak until 1/4-1/2" thick
- Salt and pepper both sides.
- In a food processor, puree spinach garlic and parsley with enough chicken broth to create a paste.
- Spread paste on one side of the Flank Steak
- sprinkle nutmeg sparingly
- Roll up Flank Steak and either tie with string or use toothpicks to secure. Make sure that when you roll it up the fibers are lengthwise so that when you cut into it, it will be against the grain.
- Place face down in pan and bake until desired doneness. Divide the total weight of the steak by 5 so you know how many portions it should be cut into.