Fish Tacos (Phase 1)
Posted On February 16, 2011
Approximately 416 calories depending on what kind of fish you use.
- •5 ounces fresh fish, your choice
- •1 egg yolk
- •1 onion, sliced or chopped
- •1 tomato, diced
- •1 cup cabbage, sliced thin (can use more or less)
- •3-4 whole leaves of lettuce
- •1 lemon or lime
- •2 melba toast (for breading)
- • dash garlic powder (for breading)
- • dash cayenne (for breading)
- • dash salt and pepper (for breading)
- Grind the Melba Toasts in a food processor. Put the melba crumbs and spices in a bag and shake to mix.
- Cover the fish with the egg yolk and then place in the bag with the "breading".
- Place on a skillet and cook with medium heat until done.
- When fish is done, break into small pieces. Take a lettuce leaf and place the fish on it, then build your taco. Sprinkle with a little salt and lemon or lime juice.