Exercise Boosts Endorphins And Makes You Feel Better
There are so many health benefits from exercising, it’s nearly impossible to list them all. Of course, exercising will increase your fitness level and help you to lose weight but did you know that studies have shown that exercising will help to restore the body’s neuro-chemical balance and triggers a positive emotional state?
Exercising has also been shown to slow down the adrenaline caused by stress and boosts levels of natural endorphins. Endorphins are pain fighting molecules that give you the “Runners High” and help reduce anxiety, stress and depression.
During exercise, there is a release of endorphins in the body that are capable of producing feelings of euphoria and a general state of well being. The feelings produced can be so powerful that they can actually mask pain. That’s the reason that people can keep playing sports or continue running, even if they’ve strained a muscle or pulled a ligament.
Do You Have To Be A Marathon Runner To Feel The Endorphin Release?
Anyone, no matter your fitness level can experience the feelings of euphoria and general well-being caused by endorphins. If you’re new to exercise you can feel strong waves of endorphins within minutes of starting your routine.
Research has proven that regular physical exercise is:
- Often the best remedy for sleeplessness, anxiety, fibromyalgia and many other conditions. It’s not a cure but it can have a tremendous positive impact.
- As effective as psychotherapy for treating mild to moderate depression. People feel better and are less likely to abuse alcohol and drugs.
- Helpful in reducing stress. Even five minutes of aerobic exercise has been proven to reduce stress and help people feel more relaxed.
- A great way to counteract feelings of hopelessness.
- Great at enhancing your self-esteem, it improves the way you perceive yourself and your abilities.
- A way to meet other with common interests, who can teach and motivate you to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.
Exercising is not mandatory but is encouraged during the Liquid Amino Diet. If you choose to work out at a higher level you can always follow the ACTIVE plan!
So get out there and do something… even if it’s only 5 minutes per day! Health coaches are available to answer questions at 1-800-980-7208.