Curried Vegetable Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On February 14, 2011
- 6 cups water
- 2 veggie bouillon cubes (Optional)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cups thick sliced celery
- 3 cups asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups cauliflower very coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1Tablespoon mild or hot curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Keep the vegetable chunks large because you will puree the soup and the larger chunks will give it more body.
- Bring to a boil, then cover the pot, lower the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the veggies are soft enough to puree.
- Remove the pot from the heat, let cool slightly,
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- This soup freezes very well, so you can freeze half for later. Enjoy!