Crockpot Swiss Steak (Phase 1)
Posted On February 17, 2011
Approximately 255 calories per serving (this does not include the vegetables) for 3.5 ounces of meat.
- allowed amount of steak
- 1 tablespoon crushed melba toast
- 1 tablespoon low sodium/no msg soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2-1 cup beef broth
- Preheat pan over MED-HI heat.
- Sprinkle steak with soy sauce.
- Dip steak in crushed up cracker, coating both sides.
- Add steak to pan and brown on both sides.
- Transfer steak to crockpot.
- Cover with garlic, celery, onions, and diced tomato.
- Top with beef broth.
- Don't stir!
- Cover and cook on low until reaches desired doneness about 6-8 hours.
- When done, serve immediately, and cover with juices from crockpot.