Creating Liquid Amino Diet Friendly Recipes
Variety is the key to succeeding on any low calorie diet. Because we have had quite a few questions lately on our facebook page asking for more recipe suggestions, we first want to give you some basics for making your own food.
What to Remember
First, the size or portions of your meals are going to be incredibly important. Make sure that you cut back on size, not necessarily on taste. Second, make sure that your foods are unsweetened. One of the things people forget is that most meat and vegetable marinades have high amounts of sugar in them. If you must, use only the artificial sweetener Stevia. You may need to push yourself to think outside of what you are used to eating and how you are used to preparing food. You will be amazed at how your taste buds will change and you will start enjoying the simple taste of an apple more as you shun the salts, MSG and heavy oily seasonings.
Of the many important things to remember when coming up with your own Liquid Amino Diet recipes, here are some of the highlights:
- Stay within the 950-1000 calorie limit, this is essential! As you adjust to this menu, you will see that you have energy and feel a mental clarity as your body is not hampered by the many toxins of normal daily eating.
- Do not cheat from the protocol; you’d only be cheating yourself. Although there is some flexibility with foods, for best results we recommend sticking to the list that is provided in your booklet. These foods are chosen for maximum weight loss, nutrients, and to help create balance in your body.
- The juice of lemons can be used daily, which is HUGE for the cooking and seasoning process.
- Salt, pepper, and most other dried spices are also allowed but limit the amount of salt if at all possible. Remember to check your labels of all mixed spices. Avoid sugars and starches (such as dextrose or modified corn starch). Stay away from butter and store bought dressings.
- Remember that you get one healthy fat serving each day. You can use olive oil in your cooking – just keep it in the allotted amount.
- Herbal tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water (1/2 your body weight in ounces is recommended) are the liquids allowed. Remember to keep caffienated drinks limited – as they act as a diuretic.
The number of combinations of meat, vegetables, fruit and seasonings may surprise you. As you search for the recipes that you can cook and enjoy, use your imagination to give new flavor and variation to what could otherwise be called a restricting diet. There are many recipes to be found right here on our page, just click on the link at the top of the page. Remember to have fun with your food and enjoy your weight loss journey. Let us know of your favorite new recipes and you may find them added to the page.
If you have questions, ask the health coaches on facebook or give us a call at 1-800-980-7208.