Creamy Zucchini Soup (Phase 1)
Posted On February 14, 2011
- 1/4 cup vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- dash salt and pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in a nonstick skillet with a little bit of vegetable broth (1/4 cup).
- Cook until almost carmelized.
- Blend sliced zucchini in blender with just enough broth (1/4 cup) to make blender work.
- Pour into skillet with cooked garlic and onion and set aside.
- In empty blender, add 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese with about 1/2 cup broth and blend until liquid.
- Pour this also into the skillet and cook on med-high until a lot of broth is evaporated.
- Put back in the blender and blend until thick and 'creamy'.
- Salt and pepper to taste.