Creamy Tofu Dip (Phase 1)
Posted On August 31, 2012
This a great dip or spread for a wrap. Around 538 calories.
- 1 block firm tofu, frozen and thawed
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 Tsp. cumin
- 1 Tsp. Caraway seed
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- A large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- Chop tofu in 1/2 and freeze in plastic for at least 6 hours.
- To thaw tofu-place in boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft
- Peel and grate cucumbers, then place in bowl.
- Chop onion and cilantro, then add to cucumber mix.
- Place thawed tofu and spices into blender and puree until creamy.
- Pour blended ingredients into bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stir together and chill 2-3 hours before serving.
This recipe has 3 veggie servings and 1 protein.