Cracked Peppercorn Veal Chops (Phase1)
Posted On December 14, 2012
- 4 bone-in veal loin chops (5 ounces each), trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Soy sauce mixed with some liquid stevia for sweetening
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Coat a large no-stick skillet with olive oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Brush both sides of the chops with the sweetened soy sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon rind, peppercorns, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Press the coating into both sides of the chops.
- Add the chops to the skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until light pink in the center when tested with a sharp knife.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.