Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (Phase 2)
Posted On February 16, 2011
4 servings and approximately 383 calories per servings depending on the type of mushroom you use.
- •1 lb fresh mushrooms (approx. 35-40)
- •1/4 c hopped celery
- •2 tbs chopped onion
- •2 tbs chopped red bell pepper
- •1/2 lb crab claw meat
- •5 pieces melba toast (crushed)
- •1/2 c shredded heddar heese
- •1/4 tsp garlic powder
- •1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- •1/4 tsp black pepper
- •1/4 tsp salt
- •1 egg
- •1/2 c water
- •6 slices white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 min, transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
- While veggies cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Set caps to the side and chop half of the stems.
- Combine the veggies, chopped mushroom stems, and all the other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
- Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes.
- Spoon 1 tsp of mixture into each mushroom.
- Cover with sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 min until cheese is lightly browned.